Grape seed oil is light-weight, colorless and tasteless. It is so versatile that it is widely used for many purposes. For example, it can be used for cooking, wrinkle removal treatments, and hair care. Since it is lighter than other oils, such as olive oil and Argan oil, it can be quickly absorbed by the skin and hair and, as an added bonus, it will not affect the hairstyle.
Healthy hair should be moist and vibrant. As is known to all, lack of water causes dehydration, which can thus impact hair health directly. When dry hair occurs, rehydrating shampoo and conditioner, especially hair products with grape seed oil, are a necessity. With the help of them, you will manage dry, damaged, or frizzy hair more easily. Besides, they can make yours grow fast and help fix a variety of hair problems, such as dandruff and hair loss. In short, this lightweight oil is the thing your fine hair needs. And the following are highly recommended ways to use grape seed extract or oil on your hair.
1. Pour 4 teaspoons of this oil in a container. If you prefer, you can add a drop of essential oils in order to increase the aroma. Place the container into a sink filled with hot water and soak it for 2-3 minutes. Wash your hair with shampoo, rinse thoroughly and towel dry them, gather them up around the neck, and then apply the grapeseed oil on them. You need to spread it all the way to the ends since more protection is needed there. After the ends are thoroughly saturated, massage the rest oil into your scalp, let it sits for 15-20 minutes, and rinse it with water as usual. And it is a good idea to rinse it with cold water to make it shiny and supple. By doing grapeseed hot oil treatment weekly it can help restore your hair’s natural shine and vibrancy. However, try not to overheat it.
2. At home you can also create your own spa treatment for your dry and damaged hair. The steps are to mix coconut oil, grapeseed oil and jojoba oil, give a massage to your tresses with this mixture, braid them and wait for 5 minutes, steam them for 10 minutes, and shampoo them twice in order to remove the oil.
3. This oil contains OPC, Vitamin E and other nutrients. If you want to use this oil alone, you can apply it on the hair, gently massage them, let them fully absorb the nutrients, wrap them with a towel, wait for one hour, and wash them with a mild shampoo. Doing so once a week can be perfect for nourishment and restoration of your hair. At the same time, it also prevents hair loss, oily hair, dandruff, dryness, and split ends.
4. Mix 1/2 cup of water, 1/4 cup of this oil and 1 cup of mild shampoo, stir them well, put the mixture into a bottle, and use it as a regular shampoo.
5. Grapeseed oil enhances hair resilience and nourishes dry hair. To make full use of its benefits, you need to mix half a cup of it and 1 cup of honey, blend them well, and set it aside for two days. To massage with this mixture, use your fingertips to massage the roots and scalp thoroughly, gently comb the hair to make all of them have full access to the nutrients, cover them with plastic to let the mixture fully penetrate, and rinse it with water 30 minutes later. By doing so, it can make the hair glossy and shiny.
6. Beat 2 eggs till frothy, gradually add 1 spoonful of grape seed oil, 1 spoon of glycerin and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, mix them well, apply it on the washed hair and gently massage, allow it to stay for 20 minutes, and finally wash it away.