Today, most folks like to consume white rice, which retain only the endosperm. The bad news is that refined grains are reportedly associated with increased risk of weight gain, diabetes and heart disease. For that reason, more and more people begin to make the healthy switch to brown rice instead for weight loss or other purposes.
Is brown rice a good diet food?
This is a cereal grain composed of 3 parts – the germ, endosperm, and bran. Compared to grain in its refined state, it is a little bit chewy and compact since it keeps more outer layers of tissue. This is why it needs more time to cook. For the same reason, it is of high nutritional value and good for weight loss.
A whole grain can provide many health benefits. When it comes to losing weight with a whole grain, the reason is twofold: the low glycemic index helps control appetite since it easily contributes to satiety, which means the sense of feeling full and satisfied after eating, plus it is a natural diuretic that can promote metabolism and remove the excess nutrients and toxins from the body.
3 healthy brown rice weight loss recipes
1. Tea. The ingredients needed include 200 g whole grains and 1,500 g of water. Fry the grains until they turn a nice brown color, put them and water into the pot, bring the water to a boil, after that immediately turn off the heat and keep it there for 5 minutes, and then filter the grains from the water. The water left is the tea you want. Drink it 30 minutes before each meal and ensure that the amount should exceed 600ml a day.
This is a refreshing, thirst-quenching, weight-loss tea. And it is a good idea to drink it hot since by doing so it is better at making you enjoy the unique taste and aroma while taking advantage of the weight-loss properties.
By the way, please don’t drink it along with protein-containing foods such as milk; don’t mix it with sugar, honey, and the like; and don’t use it together with the filtered whole grains since doing so will reduce the effectiveness by half. In order to avoid waste, you can use the filtered grains to makes porridge.
2. Black sesame brown rice porridge. The ingredients are 1 cup of whole grains, 2 tablespoons of black sesame seeds, and proper amount of water. Wash and drain the grains, add an appropriate amount of water in the pot, put in the grains and stir them well, heat water over high heat, switch to low heat after it reaches boiling point, simmer for 45 minutes, and add black sesame seeds and continue to cook for 5 minutes. This porridge looks somewhat sticky but it tastes really good, and it can be served as breakfast or dinner.
3. Paste. The ingredients are 70 grams of whole grain flour and 4 grams of salt. It can be eaten after simply added in the boiling water and salt. And you can drink it before meals or simply eat it as breakfast or dinner.
Adding the salt may make some people find it difficult to accept. However, if you can stick with it, usually in the fourth day it will help clean old feces in colon, detoxify your body, and lose weight.
Tips for brown rice diet to lose weight
No doubt, it will help you live a healthier life if you pack the mentioned healthy recipes into your daily diet. However, it is worth mentioning that you still need to follow some basic rules to see the results you want sooner.
1. Stick to this tea and it will make you far more effective in the weight loss efforts;
2. Do not snack before and after meals;
3. Only drinking this tea and water after six PM can greatly increase the slimming effect;
4. If possible, avoid spicy and salty foods since they can promote appetite.