For some people acne around nose wings is very common. Sometimes they have redness there too. According to face pimple map, breakouts there happen for a specific reason, especially when they won’t go away. What’s notable is that in any event don’t pop the pimples since doing so may lead to a scar or an infection.
In general, appearance of pimples on the sides of the nose is mainly associated with an increase in sebum secretion. When they are accompanied by peeled skin on the tip of the nose, it indicates poor blood circulation too. Besides, pimples in this area of the face are also believed to have something to do with changes in reproductive system or the ovaries, accumulated heat in Heart Channel, excessive stomach fire, digestive disorders, and endocrine disorders. Next, let’s take a closer look at them.
1. Increased sebum secretion. It has been generally considered one of the major causes for the development of acne no matter it is on forehead, cheeks, eyebrows, lips, temples, or chin and jaw. That’ to say, acne occurs when overactive sebaceous glands produce too much sebum, which combines with dead skin cells and leads to clogged pores on the face. Excess sebum production can be caused by endocrine disorders, or sometimes skin dehydration and intake of excessive fat from diet. So, it is a good idea to drink plenty of water and eat more fruits and vegetables. In addition, the patients can also apply the mixture made of equal amounts of fresh cucumber juice and white vinegar to the affected area, and then rinse them with warm water 10 minutes later. It usually takes half a month of treatment before acne symptoms improve.
2. Accumulated heat in Heart Channel. According to Traditional Chinese medicine, the area at the side of the nose is governed by heart. In other words, the heat of heart will travel upward along the heart channel to reach face and gather there. The usual result is acne on nose wings, sometimes accompanied by dry eyes, redness of inner corner of eye, and bloodshot eyes. When it comes to the root cause of all this, in the end it comes down to work stress, financial challenges, a faster pace of life, relationship problems or family discord, which play a major role in the development of heart heat. So, the best remedy is to learn to adjust to life and slow down the pace of life. In addition, it is recommended incorporating red bean (Chi Xiao Dou), red peony root (Chi Shao Yao), bulbus fritillariae cirrhosae (Chuan Bei Mu), safflower (Hong Hua) and other red foods into the diet since TCM believes that these foods benefit heart health.
3. Female reproductive system problems. Pus filled bumps or pimples on the nose wings may be a sign of changes in reproductive system or the ovaries. Since ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids are likely to cause pimples on nose, the patients should seek medical help immediately, especially when women often suffer from lower abdomen pain, menstrual disorders, foul smelling vaginal discharge, and so on. This is because the problems of the uterus or the ovaries can be malignant. In this case, it will pose a large threat to health.
4. Excessive stomach fire and digestive disorders. Appearance of pimples here also means appetite loss, which can be caused by excessive stomach fire and poor digestion. So, the method of getting rid of acne fast is by soothing the stomach and avoiding greasy foods. Besides, constipation and flatulence can contribute to this skin problem too.
5. Endocrine disorders. Acne on wing of nose can also be the result of endocrine disorders, which lead to increased secretion of hormones and sebum. As mentioned above, excessive production of skin oils can result in oily skin that causes blocked pores and acne. In this case, the best treatment is to eat right, sleep better, and maintain peace of mind.